View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 09:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

I went to lawyers.com and posted on PA w/c. This is what I was told about the process...assuming things go well:

Here is basically the order you are looking at:

1. Mediation (we'll assume you agree on an amount)

2. Compromise and Release petition is filed (there is no reason this couldn't happen directly after the mediation, this can be done by your attorney or the ICs attorney, really doesn't matter)

3. Settlement hearing (there is now a resolution court that can usually hear these cases within two weeks of when settlement papers are filed)

4. Judge's decision (the judge will review settlement and your testimony and approve the agreement)

5. Payout (can be between one day and 30 days after judge's decision, depends on the carrier)

Also, the judge for your settlement hearing may or may not be the same judge you had been in front of previously, in fact, with the new resolution court it most likely will be a different judge.

If anyone has any questions about general w/c issues, lawyers.com is the best place, besides here of course!!, to check out. I will let everyone know how things go with the mediation hearing, it's next week. Wish me luck--I need lots!!!!