View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 03:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Therapist good or not

How do I know if I have good therapist or not.
I have an apt with one already but it was 3 weeks out so I called and talked to her to find out what I could do at home to get the ball rolling instead of sitting in limbo that whole time.
She told me to walk until swelling started then prop up.
She also said that I should move my stiff joints to point of pain no futher and to take a warm shower or bath first to relax everything to make it easier.
But she also said like the Dr said that I can put ice on swelling.
I told Dr that warm soaks felt better he said that was fine too.
So I am just a little afraid that I have people that really don't know to much about this.
I have an apt for tomorrow for a second opinion with another pain management Dr to see what he says.
Depends on what he says as to if I go for a 3rd opinion which IF I do I think I will get it with a neurologist and see what they can tell me.

But my problem is HOW do I really know if a Dr knows what he is talking about and HOW do I know IF I should really just walk away and try another.

I am really hoping to find a really Good therapist that knows what it is and how to help it but there again I have no idea whats the best way to deal with this as far as therapy goes.

If any of you can give some ideas on what to look for as far as a Good Dr and Therapist go I would be really Greatful.

Can you all share with me what some of the common things I should be having to do in therapy?
I have seen something about some kind of treatment in water and vibrations.
Then some things abou a TENS treatment and then another tcds treatments which I have not clue what these actually are.

Any help advice and or suggestions will be Greatly appreciated.
Thanks
kijo
kijo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote