View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 11:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Podsantus I've had some further time to think about your dilemma, Mike. I've had the same problem with the shower. I stand back from the stream of water and use a baby sponge (pharmacy). If' I'm tired, I sit on a stool or shower-chair (medical supplies/internet), and use a plastic jug to rinse my hair. But whenever I can now, I take a bath with 2 good handfuls of Epsom salts to relieve inflammation (pharmacy or some grocery stores). Add some lavender from the health food store for relaxation/sleep or sandalwood to raise your spirits. Experiment with other oils. Keep warm after the bath and get to bed quickly for a good night's sleep.
Arn't you on some drugs while your doctor decides what to do next? There are Ketamine creams you can rub into your skin, various pain drugs in patches, anti-seizure meds etc. You don't mention any drugs.
Get a referral to a psychologist or counselor who specializes in pain to talk over the big changes ans in your life.This is especially important if you're not getting support from friends and family. The RSDSA keeps a list of Support Groups in different areas. If there isn't one, find out if the American Pain Association or Fibromyalgia or Trigeminal Neuralgia have support groups who meet. Your local hospital may have a list of groups.
Show your friends some information from the RSDSA to see if that opens their minds a bit. Take them to a support group meeting ot even to a doctor's appointment.
Unfortunately I tried all all of the above with my family and best friend and nothing worked. But at least I tried. I don't see much of them now. You will make friends with new people who understand your situation. In the meantime, use the internet to share your life. There are many good pain groups who will be delighted to hear from you, and people like yourself on Twitter and Facebook.
RSD is a life-changing event but strangely I'm happier now than I was 5-10 years ago in spite of leaving a husband, friends and family behind. cailinruaidh
cailinruaidh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote