View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 03:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by camyam73 View Post
I am soo with you on this one ED - Many a night I have craved a glass of wine, but have held off... and we never have wine or any kind of alcohol.... One day my aunt brought over a bottle, and I put in 1/5 a glass and then aded carbonated water... it was delish!

OH! There's non alcoholic wine/fruity champagne type stuff that we love... it's just at the supermarket here.

I saw your post and felt compelled to say "hi"....this may be a long hello

September 2010 I slipped backwards out of a free-standing shower (had removed the shower mat and was shampooing and conditioning my hair = slick). As I fell backwards I hit the vertex of my head against the toilet and then on the floor, no loss of consciousness as far as I am aware. 2.5 years later and I still experience symptoms. I am a positive, goal-setting individual and definitely do not accept that my life can't get better. I guess, my issues have been underestimating and minimizing my symptoms and not receiving on-going medical support.

I've seen 2 neurologists-- first one diagnosed me with Alice in Wonderland syndrome, migraine variant, sensitivity to light and sound and whiplash and a few other lovelies. Never been treated for the whiplash and I have terrible spine and neck issues that keep blighting my attempts at getting fit again. I now have an appointment for an MRI on the neck and spine in a few weeks time.

I think your post stood out to me as your circumstances and symptoms are similar. I still slur my speech if I over exert myself, and feel shaky standing. I'm amazed that I'm still recovering. I have learned that healing from a head injury is not a linear process, which has impacted on my level of frustration at times -- thinking that because I have had a good few months means I am in the clear . The migraines have subsided, but my speech, cognition, short term memory and fatigue still cause me issues.

I haven't spoken with other people who have experienced similar issues and just reading your story made me feel like I am not alone.

I also had a pretty serious head injury when I was younger with a loss of consciousness and external injuries. The last neurologist I saw explained that, because of that my head injury symptoms have had a cumulative effect. He likened the effect to my brain as having a heart attack.

I am in bed today as I exercised this morning and it seems it was too much.

Thank you and apologies for offloading to you.
McMonkey08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote