View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 04:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
Gosh, I haven't heard of Paretin. That must be something new? I kinda wish he had gone for something more "standard" like Cymbalta. That only took less than a week to work for me. And I'm still on it! I'm VERY hard to medicate too, i.e. I wake up during surgery! They can't keep me "out" -- so I was surprised that Cymbalta worked so well, but they DID have to put me on the maximum dosage! LOL

If this Paretin doesn't work do you think your doctor would get mad if you suggested Cymbalta? Some doctors don't like it if you suggest a medication. They actually get MAD! Do you think your doctor would get mad?

I sure hope this Paretin works for you. I'll say some prayers! Let me know, will you? I'd appreciate it. And if you want a more lively forum, the sister forum of THIS place is PsychCentral -- it's connected with this place. You might visit the Depression forum there. It's much busier than this one. You'll get more replies and meet more people! Talk soon I hope. Hugs, Lee
hey!

Thank you so much again.
Cymbalta is a different type of anti-depressant, it's a SNRI.
Paretin is SSRI.
as far as I'm concerned, for the first try on anti-depressants, they nearly always try SSRI's. but whatever, they work differently, for different types of conditions.
so far for me, it's still nothing. not working. But I'm going to wait, because everywhere I look on the internet they say SSRI's can take up to 4-6 weeks or sometimes even more, to work fully. so I'm gonna stay patient. And hope for the best.
I really wanna feel that great, what you were talking about earlier if I get that first push, that will get me out of my apartment, then I will be able to do the things I need to do in my life, to make me feel better.
marcellb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote