View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 05:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ok ~ I'll try to decipher it.

At C3-4 You have Spondylosis, which is any degenerative disease of the spine which causes symptoms such as pain, tingling, numbness, etc. There is disc bulging which indents the spinal cord and also there's left sided neural foraminal narrowing. The foramen are the holes that the nerves pass thru to get to the spinal cord, and they are becoming narrow.

At C4-5 Mild Spondylosis (see above) and disc bulging, and uncovertebral osteoarthritis resulting in mild cord indentation. Osteoarthritis is usually seen in mid to older age and there are degenerative changes in bone and cartilage of one or more joint with progressive wearing down of apposing joint surfaces with consequent distortion of joint position.

At C5-6 Mild Spondylosis (see above) and disc bulging.

All other levels are normal.

Remember that I'm NO DOCTOR. But from what I see here, I doubt that there is any surgical need here. If you're having pain, I'd ask my doctor to send me to physical therapy. I'm SURE that would help you. Physical therapy MOST OFTEN helps with pain. So see what he says, and let us know, ok? You certainly do not want surgery when it's not needed!!!

But you can take your films and get an opinion from a Neurosurgeon. That's the best thing to do. That way you'll know for sure. I wish you the very best. Take care & God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sugit (03-26-2013)