View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I Know about

I guess we skiped a step...they were petitioning to stop beneifts based on De not going to job interviews she did go on....On the side the judge called attorneys in and said SETTLE THIS!

Then there was an offer made, it was the amount previously agreed with attorney so OK given. The C & R was drawn up. She reveiwed it with attorney and signed. She was told by the attorney what he would ask and ehr response and what the judge would ask and response. As this is the finality over it and can never be revisited the attorney wants to make sure you totaly understand.

So the attorney states everything you have read and reviews with him, The judge will ask if you are taking medication, have you ahd advice or spoken to anyone to understand what the agreement means. There is a waiver for voc rehab offer, that takes longer to finalize...then there is a final Judge statement that if he signs it it is all over. There are aggrements that he will sign it and it can be releases in X amount of days.

The attorney got the check, he had a portion De got heres and that was all she wrote.
the difficult part was she was offered to keep open medical. I think that the attorney was keen that De's health was so bad that a good gamble was to keep it open instead of 35 years of settlement. Her meds alone were $16,000- 18,000 a year, not counting doctors, treatments, Pt, furture surgery etc.

So she only had a few months of open medical.....
But, the difficult part is seeing what you would receive and what the lowest amount you would accept and if they will carry the medical....

Good luck,
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote