View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 07:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight17 View Post
I'm a musician and have taken the last 7 months completely off. Since my surgery, I've tried some OT (mostly massage) but can't strengthen or exercise much because it sets the nerves off. I've also done Alexander Technique (helped a little), pilates (very modified), meditation/visualization, and have tried stationary bike (up to 15 minutes before nerves get set off), swimming (just kicking with flippers- initially ok but not anymore), and elliptical (only backwards for 5 minutes works.) I have been making progress but it is very slow and not consistent. Ativan or Zanaflex help a little but the results don't last; normal pain meds don't help. I haven't found a good PT yet and my surgeon says to stick with range of motion.
Do your legs get hurt & get tired or does exercise just cause your TOS symptoms to flare? Valium works better than Ativan or Zanaflex for me (although I had some awesome dreams with Zanaflex!)...Valium and Gabapentin have been the only thing that have worked consistently for me.

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote