View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Tomorrow I double my dose of galantamine. After the first few days of adjusting to it, I don't really notice that I even take it. My tremor returned to normal within a few days as well.Although it's a drug that was developed for Alzheimer's, there are high hopes that it may help with Parkinson's dementia as well. So far I'm showing no signs of dementia but that is one rat I'd rather keep on the other side door.

The PFP program is growing by leaps and bounds. The Seattle Association is having a training for all the Ys in the Association, all 13 branches, and they will be set to start Pedaling for Parkinson's programs in the early summer or late spring. The Tacoma Y is planning on starting up in May, Ann Arbor is starting soon, and others around the country are working to put their programs together as well. It feels like we have reached a tipping point. Over and over I hear from participants that a really important part of the PFP program is the camaraderie they feel with each other working out on their bikes. Even if they don't want to come to class, many PWP's show up because they know that the other participants are expecting them. They also know that they will feel much better after doing it.

My husband and I borrowed one of the tandem bikes from the Seattle YMCA so we can practice and then ride in the Seattle to Portland ride, 200 miles, which will be in July. Another of the participants on this list borrowed another one of those tandems and is also practicing for the STP ride. High excitement here!
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote