View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 05:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Anyone else have really bad vision problems?

I mean concussion-related vision problems? I talked to my doctor on the phone yesterday and it really hit home how messed up my eyes are. As you can read in my siggy, there's a lot wrong with them, but on the phone, he really emphasized how severe my convergence problem is. I'm doing sensory integration vision therapy right now, and I have seen some pretty remarkable improvement. My depth perception has noticeably improved and I am less dizzy than when I started the program. However my light sensitivity is just horrible. I feel like a mole person! My doctor did say that therapy can cause a spike in photosensitivity, so I'm glad I called and asked about it. I was just curious if there was anyone else dealing with similar problems and if it's common to have this many eye-related problems after a concussion? I'm also just wondering the likelihood of my total recovery? I'm so happy to have gotten as far as I have, but I just really hope I don't have to live the rest of my life with this light sensitivity. It really has been affecting my daily life in such a way that I cannot do all the things I want to do. Same thing is true about the dizziness, although since I've already seen improvements in that area, I really am getting hopeful that eventually it will go away!
I have recovered my cognitive function, and I've overcome severe vertigo through sensory integration therapy. Wellbutrin has helped me escape depression. I have recently had a few stress-related migraines, as well as headaches stemming from eye strain. I'm also dealing with tinnitus, lack of stamina, extreme light sensitivity, and eye pain. Diagnosed with 9 different vision issues: convergence insufficiency, pursuit eye movement deficit, egocentric visual midline shift, photophobia, visual information processing delays, accommodative insufficiency, saccadic eye movement deficit, lack of coordination, and central peripheral visual integration deficit.

*First concussion: October 2010. I was pregnant and got rear ended. I associated my mild PCS symptoms with baby brain and blamed my light sensitivity on allergies and dry eyes.
*Second concussion: December 2011. I hit my head on a wooden beam, saw stars but did not lose consciousness, and I had very disturbing PCS symptoms but didn't go to the doctor.
*Third concussion: August 2012. I caused a car accident as a result of PCS symptoms. Thankfully no one was injured but me. My husband confronted me, and I finally sought help and took medical leave from work. My symptoms worsened, and I developed severe vertigo.
*Fourth concussion: November 2012. I was riding in a car with a friend and we were hit head on by a driver who lost control of her car. I didn't have a big increase in PCS symptoms.
DFayesMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote