View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

I will highlight your quote in red for my comments... easier to understand that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgrome View Post
MrsD - you aren't kidding!! Amazon's prices are amazing! Thanks for saving me a good portion of my life savings :-) I did pay a ridiculous $20.00 to get them all shipped over night but I can't wait a day longer to try to heal myself.

I know that you recommended just doing the Benfotamine & CoQ-10 for a month to see if there is improvement before trying the ALA & R-Lipoic but I can't wait. I'm going to essentially bomb my body with nutrients & if I get any improvement (hope! pray!) then I will slowly wean things out. I know it's the more expensive route but my symptoms are WORSENING! Every single day something hurts more or the pain goes to a new part of my body. And I am on a wait list thru October to get into the Neuropathy Department at OSU. I'm terrified of being in a wheel chair or something by then :-(

So other than thanking you for the guidance - I wonder if you might pleae take a second to tell me what dosage of my new supplements I should be taking? Thank you in advance. SO MUCH!!!

Doctor's Best Best Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid Featuring Bioenhanced Na-RALA (100 mg), Vegetable Capsules, 60-Count
Sold by Amazon.com LLC
$16.29
Start at one a day of this, and take in the morning on an empty stomach. If you have heartburn, eat a little food, not a full meal. Only a few report the heartburn, tho. Take it with alot of water so it dissolves in the lower stomach, and not get caught up high.

Jarrow Formulas Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg, 60 Capsules
Sold by Amazon.com LLC
$12.09
Start at one a day of this --you can work up to 4 a day, but that may not be necessary. This has limits to absorption, and so all doses should be divided up so as to make for most success. Jarrow is a good company.

Doctor's Best Benfotiamine (150 mg), Vegetable Capsules, 120-Count
Sold by Amazon.com LLC
$13.99
Since you used to drink wine, start at 300mg a day, and see how you feel. After about 3 months you can reduce to one a day and see if your improvements hold at that.

Folic Acid B12 90 Tabs
Sold by ProLine Refills
$15.00
I can't find this... do you have a link?
I need to see the formula to comment on it. Sorry.
I used to use iherb.com for many years. At one time they were the only place with the more unusual supplements like methylcobalamin, etc. But now Amazon has them all that I use and the free shipping is lower at $25. We often shop for other things at Amazon..cat toys, a music CD every once in a while, and hard to find tools/kitchen things. I even found some seeds on Amazon once! Our young cat loves the plastic springs that come 10 in a pack. She carries them around the house and plays for long periods of time with them! Sometimes yowling her catch with glee!

Give the supplements a good six months. If you see NOTHING in the way of improvements, that would point to a hereditary PN. But most of our members do see something change. Keeping a journal may help, if you're up to that. Drink enough water, to keep hydrated, which is always important when taking supplements.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jcgrome (03-27-2013)