View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 10:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi C.C,
Your post was helpful to me. That is what happens to me also. I try and leave the house and get shut down by symptoms. The way you explained it makes perfect sense. I try to force myself to tolerate it and that ends up worse. I think the Ativan will help a lot. I know many people that need this help with sudden anxiety and this medication is very effective. I have also tried a lot of anti depressants for my chronic pain and had very bad reactions. I know how you feel about being scared to try the medication. If I was to try out any other medication at this point it would be Effexor. I have heard a lot of people say that this medication really helped them. I think it is a little different then most the anti-depressants. I think it is more for anxiety but has anti depressant qualities. You just get to the point after so long that you have to try medication you know? Anything that helps us to live a more normal life is good. I don't think anyone is stuck on any kind of medication ever. You have to know how to come off the medication the right way by cutting down gradually and stepping off slowly. The problems happen when people try to abruptly discontinue the medication.
I hope that these medications help you. As always I am pulling for you.
Brain

Had MVA in 2006 resulting in post concussive syndrome manifested by cognitive impairment, chronic pain/ fatigue. Chronic pain of head, neck, back, left leg.
Other problems include REM sleep behavior disorder, nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, chronic migraines associated with nausea/vertigo, episodes of passing out, hypoglycemia, liver dysfunction (had accidental overdose of acetaminophen in 2009) had liver and kidney failure, hernia, degenerative disc disease with compression of nerve root, PTSD, and other problems associated with functioning problems from traumatic brain injury (light, sound sensitive, easily overloaded, easily distracted, cannot focus, anxiety problems etc.)
Brain patch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cyclecrash (03-27-2013)