View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 11:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Vision feels like it is pulsing with my heartbeat. Pain in Eyes.

Guys,

I am 7 months post concussion, and have noticed for a long time something strange with my vision that no one can explain to me but let me try and describe it - i'd love to hear if anyone else has this.

I have a pulsing in my head, I can feel my heart beat in my head (this also results in pulsing tinitus in both ears when trying to sleep).

In terms of vision, I can focus fine and get a very sharp picture at all times.... But if I focus on things in the mid to far distance say a sign or something, it feels like I can't hold my focus properly, and the vision is almost pulsing with my heartbeat.

I have also had some kind of motion type disturbance when driving which made me feel very uneasy in the car the other day, it's like when I've been travelling for a while my body doesn't want to stop travelling and feels like it should be moving. The same happened when I tried to run on a treadmill the other day.

I have just started back at work after 7 months off, and my headaches aren't too bad at the moment however I am getting pain in only what I could describe as my eye balls.

I can see fine when using the computer and no issues reading books for hours (all be it not on a screen!), however I have this pain in my eyes when using a computer.

Some mentioned in a previous post of mine I should see a neuro-ophalmologist but do I really have any symptoms that are worth pursuing one for? It would be very tricky and a long wait to get a referral on our public health service, and paying for one myself could be very costly indeed.

If I do need to see one, would there be a basic series of tests they can do to rule it out as an issue for me? And if there was an issue would I have to have lots of follow ups? If it is just a one or two session thing I think I could stomach paying for it.

Cheers

Conrad
Brick_Top is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote