View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 12:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi mrsD, thanks for your quick reply and info. In fact, my wife did get IVIG, as well as the plasma, in the first few weeks after initial onset. Nevertheless, she did have full body paralysis and was put on a ventilator. After about six weeks, she was off the vent. After about four months, she came home. After about eight months, she could walk again. But always the pain! Gabapentin, Lyrica, Oxycodone, Neurontin, nothing has done anything for pain. Hers is a difficult case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
CIDP and GBS are autoimmune illnesses, and treated as such.
All the supplements we discuss that enhance remyelination, may be helpful to healing. But if the autoimmune process is not suppressed, supplements won't be able to keep up with any healing needed.
I will try to get her back on full vitamin supplements etc. to approach from that direction, while seeing what meds our pain doc comes up with next. *Sigh*. And I'll ask again about GBS vs. CIDP diagnosis, and what effect that conclusion might have on treatment.

Thanks, I'm glad I found this board and the people who contribute their expertise/experience!
Dave
sddave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote