View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi,

All oral surgery is means your teeth were surgically removed. That term does not describe the extent or degree of oral surgery. You have surgical openings in your jawbone as well as open wounds and these things take time to heal closed. You may be tender for a few weeks..... sometimes a bit longer.

It is important to make sure you are brushing and flossing all of your teeth thoroughly.... not aggressively, just as well as you possibly can. The build up of plaque can cause bacterial infection so you want to minimize that from happening.

What is a YAO??

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by thing1968 View Post
They are actually better just tender I guess you would say. I did not have them surgically removed. I did have a follow up with dentist last Thursday and he said healing slow. I am also 44 YOA so might take a bit longer then a youngster LOL! I am going to call them in the next few days if nothing has changed to just look at them. I am thinking maybe it is the eating. Still mainly soft foods but more of them as I feel more hungry now. I am afraid to brush to close to the last molars as I do not want to upset them. I guess I did not realize it would be such a long process UGH!!! Thank you!

[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote