Thread: More Confused
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 01:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default More Confused

Went to Dr for Second opinion and am more confused.
Saw a really nice lady Dr who is very perplexed with my condition.
Said I only had 1 and 1/2 symtoms of crps.
My foot swells and turns colors when put down but immediately starts getting color back and swelling goes down when put back up. Or when messaged.
But other dr said he has seen this before with crps.
I actually have no pain except when I put pressure on my foot to walk which is coming from my joints. Also foot will swell along with ankle and knee IF I am up to much and will ache.
They are going to start therapy as soon as approved by insurance.
To help me loosen up foot joints as I am walking on my foot pretty good now just stiff joints and then the swelling issues and aching.

They also decided right before I left , I think she really pushed the other Dr to get on board to do a doppler test on my right side and she ordered a 3 phase bone scan.
Last dr ordered the 3 phase bone scan but I cancealed it .
Not sure I will do this one either.
I think I will wait on it along with the lumbar sympathic block.
The block I have no use for becauseI don't have pain just achiness and only IF I am up to much.
She says it looks more like vascular to her cause it looks like the blood pools when foots down goes back when foots up.
She couldn't get over I had no pain to touch and really hadn't at all except from where the orginal injury was at my little toe joint. Thats still pretty tender but much better.
Joints seem to be loosening up better now too .

But I do still have the discoloration of foot that does go up the back of my leg mainly and the swelling and achiness if I do to much or am up on it to long.
Joints are stiff and do hurt when trying to move but then its been 7 months since they have really been moved around properly too.

Also never had most of the crps symtoms.

So now I am at a very confused place.
Drs very confused also.

She didn't act like she knew about the ice and crps and she didn't know about needles and spreading so I plan to copy the info off that one organization that has the really good info about these two things for her cause they do treat crps patients there and even IF its not what I have maybe I can make them award of this info for someone elses sake.

Have a couple of questions now.
What are ya'lls take on bone scans?
I don't like the idea of one esp IF its not a real necessity.

You that know more about it would it be useful in my situtation?
Or would it just be spinning wheels more?

IF I would actually have crps would a bone scan possibly spread it due to the needle etc?

Any additional info, ideas , advice and or suggestions would be Greatly Appreciated.
Thank you all so Very Much
Feel Better All
Hope Everyones having a Good Day!
kijo
kijo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote