View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 08:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm going to start off by saying that it's YOUR life and you should make decisions that will make you happy. That said...any time you make a decision involving surgery you should be aware of all the possible risks and make sure that you are prepared to accept them IF they happen.

This may be TMI...but I will share my experiences. I have RSD in my upper body including my chest (caused by spread after a lumbar sympathetic block which is MUCH less invasive than what you are thinking about). In fact...when the RSD spread to my upper body I went from a 32A to now being a 32DDD...and it's a misery. My whole chest is very sensitive to touch and it took many months and aggressive desensitization to get myself to the point of wearing normal clothes again...including a bra. And I think for most of us wearing a bra can be pretty crucial to making the "girls" look their best. This was a painful process and even though I can now tolerate those things MOST days...it is a constant balancing act. Some days I get home and I cannot rip shirt and bra off fast enough because the pain gets so intense. I feel lucky...very lucky...that desensitization worked for me in this area otherwise I don't know how that would affect my life. I wouldn't be able to wear normal clothes, I would be incredibly self conscious about the fact that I wasn't wearing a bra, and I would be miserable all the time. And you can only imagine what an affect this has had on any type of intimacy...every single touch causes pain.

Now...in considering such an invasive procedure I would implore you to think about how IF (and it's a definite possibility) RSD spreads to your chest and you experience what I do...would this surgery be worth it to you? IF the worst happens...will you still be happy? I cannot answer those questions for you...but I wouldn't wish my experience on anyone else. There is of course a possibility that none of this would happen...but even the chance of it would scare me away. Good bras, nice clothes, etc are other options that would likely cost less and be much less of a risk to your health.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (03-31-2013), finz (04-01-2013), mollymoo123 (03-29-2013), reluctant@thetable (03-28-2013)