View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 01:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It sounds as if you might have had an ESI. (When in doubt, ask the doc ). It's great that - whatever the injection was - it has offered you some pain relief, so far.

If you do feel an increase in pain, it is likely temporary and will subside in about 4 to 14 days.

It's not unusual to feel worsening of symptoms for a time following an injection - even with corto.steroids (sp?) - done within an office setting, and it's something I didn't know when I had my first injection (some years ago). But, it will pass.

Just take it easy and rest ... as needed . I know you've probably read that plenty, and... it is true. It does help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jena1225 View Post
(Sorry for the delayed reply!!) But, no Bobbi, thank you! I am so grateful that you shared that story, and not to sound wierd, but you emit such a warmth and "ditto" to everything ejbpesca has said!

What is SCI and SD?

Oh, and I finally made it to the PM yesterday and think it went well. He gave me a steroid injection (is this an ESI?) and if that is not effective, we will go deeper and deeper until we find the biggest source of pain. I think it already has taken away about 50% of the pain so far

Then just the increase in Oxy for my MS pain (which is the worst!), and have to live with that

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote