View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 01:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Daniella, if you can't take any meds for any relief, i have read previous posts in the past that say they do find some ease with electro stimulation, like " The Rebuilder ", or a " T.E.N.S machine " ,may be worth a thought if you can't take any medication, by the way, i have never taken Lyrica or Cymbalta but i couldn't take that Neurotin stuff either, it give me the same reactions as you describe, awful feeling, but i had no trouble with 300 mg Slow Release Tramadol, no brain fog or any other side affects for me.

Anyway you might like to read up about the Rebuilder- http://www.rebuildermedical.com/

and also Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) machine, is a similar device that doesn't use water, its a therapy that uses low-voltage electrical current for pain relief.
Here is a little bit of info about a TENS machine,

You do TENS with a small, battery-powered machine about the size of a pocket radio. Usually, you connect two electrodes (wires that conduct electrical current) from the machine to your skin. The electrodes are often placed on the area of pain or at a pressure point, creating a circuit of electrical impulses that travels along nerve fibers.
When the current is delivered, some people experience less pain. This may be because the electricity from the electrodes stimulates the nerves in an affected area and sends signals to the brain that "scramble" normal pain signals. Another theory is that the electrical stimulation of the nerves may help the body to produce natural painkillers called endorphins, which may block the perception of pain.
You can set the TENS machine for different wavelength frequencies, such as a steady flow of electrical current or a burst of electrical current, and for intensity of electrical current.

I think that the TENS would be a lot cheaper than the rebuilder machine, there may be free trials i am not sure, i wouldn't buy one without trying it out first, just a thought that may help you.

all the best
Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote