Thread: Ablation??
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 08:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default frustration

I gotta say you handle frustration quite well.
I have been wanting to jump in on tis conversation although my keyboard on this laptop is really wierd so bear with my typos and I hope this does not get erased.

My nerve injury from a MVA is at L5..S1...after al the PT etc. I went ahead with 'facet injections". They work wonderully for 5-7 weeks and after 3 successful procedures I went forward with "rhyzotomies"which gave me wonderful releif for 4 months. These procedureres were done in the huge back center with no anestesia. I could drive myself home.

due to family obligations I had to move and change doctors...the new doc also did rhysotomies although I had to be put under...so now I had all the drama that goes with that and they lasted 4 months also.

So I started to look for what might give me longer results as they would not due the rhyzotomies more than every 6 months so that left me in severe pain for 4 months of the year and at month 3 I would start to cry knowing the pain is coming.

I was NOT a candidate for the SCS and had it anyway (long story). I am a year post op...I have finally named it the "Alien" as I feel like it is going to just bust out of my back any day. It does very little for the original injury pain. I take now twice the meds for pain from the SCS. I am begining to doubt if I will ever completely recover from the SCS and it's surgery. I cannott afford to have it removed for another two years. ...when Medicare kicks in for me.

I am going to just post this...my desktop should be repaired soon so I can be more active here..
missing everyone and always praying.

Johanna*
Hannabananna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fionab (03-31-2013), Mark56 (03-28-2013), pooh_ac (03-28-2013)