View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 04:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You guys are the greatest!!!! Thank you so much for all the encouragement!

I ended up only having the decadron for two days since all the veins in my arms, wrists, etc., were "blown". That was using a small butterfly needle thingy too. Those two days I felt GREAT!!! Didn't even go to bed Sunday night and had so much more energy. But........as you all know......the "crash" arrived Tuesday. I slept all day, got up about 10 pm and am still up for a little while longer, but feel like a wet noodle about now. Hopefully after some more sleep, I'll feel better again.

Even with the crash, there is a difference with my overall weakness. My legs will move a couple steps, not nearly as dizzy, etc. Of course I know being spms, it's not going to do a whole lot with some of the symptoms, but even a small improvement is welcomed!!

Had to take Lasix along with it to prevent fluid buildup and it does seem to have helped with the "weight" in my legs. My ankles are still "lumpy" with the lymph edema but don't seem as heavy.

Please forgive me if I don't remember who asked me what questions here, should have written them down, but as for the difference between solumedrol and decadron, the decadron doesn't seem as strong (?) The side effects aren't as bad with no allergic reactions for me. Maybe not having it five days makes a difference too, not as irritable, hungry, etc. The only thing I usually get is a headache and flushed face/neck.
I don't do a taper either which gets the "bad stuff" out of my system quicker. Hopefully I'll still feel some of the good after this withdrawal part is over.

Hope I can stay awake today to enjoy this beautiful spring weather.......finally!! Thank you all again for your good thoughts, hugs, etc. It really makes a difference knowing someone cares!!!

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote