View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 11:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Does this sound like a sleep disorder, or am I just happy to see me?

Sorry for the title, it's awful, but I something just happened in my head and I wrote it down.

I've had insomnia for a long time now. Even when I did sleep, I'd wake up a lot and never feel rested. But I am on Trazadone now, 100mg before bed and I'm gone. So I'm not too worried about it now, I am already on many medications and at least now I get to sleep before waking up and getting on with my heavily medicated day.

But I do have a theory about what was wrong with me. If anyone has the time to read this and then tell me why everything I said was bollocks then I would appreciate it.

The one thing I noticed when I was sleeping with medication was that I always had very, very vivid dreams. To the point where I often get memories of dreams confused with real memories. I've written a paper for a class before, well in time for once, and only to find that when I look for it it was all a dream. But when I was struggling with insomnia, I would never dream. At all. I figured it must just be the meds.

But then I remembered that when I did sleep, I would wake up all the time. Fairly regularly, every hour or so. Because I am a college student who thinks he knows everything, I remembered that there are different stages of sleep that you cycle through during the night. I know REM is one, and I think that is the one where I dream. So I used some sort of logic to think that maybe what is happening is that whenever I go into REM sleep, I wake up. And because the meds are forcing me to sleep, I sleep through the REM and have the very vivid dreams.

Does this sound viable at all? Or am I just not thinking straight because of a lack of sleep.
1erasmus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote