Thread: rsd in children
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 05:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon ashton View Post
hi im new to this site, i live in u.k. wanted to know if anybody else was in uk. looking for inforemation about rsd in children,
thankyou x
Hi Sharon,

I am an adult living in the UK, and I've had CRPS for nearly two years. I've read a lot about CRPS, and the one thing I particularly remember reading is that the outlook for children tends to be better than for adults, particularly if their treatment is started quickly and they are encouraged to keep active and positive about their future. I suggest you read as much as you can, and be prepared for the fact that you need to learn as much as you are able, because a scary number of doctors and physios really don't know much about CRPS, and you can be lead down the wrong path very easily if you don't know your stuff. Is it you or your child that you're asking for?

There are some very good docs out there, I'm just saying that I've met far more who didn't know the condition, and too many of them tried to pretend they did! Educating yourself is your best weapon to deal with this. There are some very good web sites and a lot of smaller bizarre ones. Stick to the bigger, more public sites, and you will find from reading that you soon pick up on what sites can be trusted. Check on the dates as well, CRPS thinking changes rapidly, and many older ideas have been rejected in recent years.

Good luck, and I hope everything goes well.

Bram.
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote