Thread: seizures?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 06:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for filling me in regarding the shunt I'm not to smart in that area. There is a difference between a neurologist and Epileptologist. A neurologist deals with many different neurology disorders epilepsy, MS, ADD, ADHD etc. where an Epileptologist deals directly with epilepsy and knows how to treat it much better with fewer meds, and they are more updated on treating epilepsy and the causes. An Epileptologist can also treat a person with other neurology problems also like a neurologist but the Epileptologist is better educated and has much more experience with epilepsy.
I've seen many different neuros in the 41 yrs. I've had epilepsy but they were never able to help me out as well as my Epileptologist and I was able to have brain surgery to help reduce my sz.
An Epileptologist also works with a team of Drs. neurosurgeons, and neuropsychologists and the Drs. all make a decision together if a person wants to have brain surgery if it's going to be safe for that person and what the side effects could be. Here's wishing you and your husband only the best and May God Bless Both of You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
foreverhavehope (04-05-2013)