View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart something to try. easy to do. easy to undo.

Dear Bizi...

Thanks for checking back! Something strange is certainly going on in this "life" .

I tried to find out more about the daylight savings bug, and it seems to be in reference to the previous system (Win 7) and for non-US timezones. It would also seem that since fixes/updates were released for those systems any similar issue would have been integrated in Win 8. I no longer have a friend at Microsoft that I can ask to find out about this so I'll keep poking around but meanwhile...

This is something very simple you could try:
  • Disable the "automatically adjust for Daylight Savings" ... set it so that the computer does NOT adjust for daylight savings.

• CHECKPOINT 1
    Record whether your taskbar time is correct, 1 hour fast, or 1 or slow.
    Do the same for the time on forum posts.

• IF your taskbar time was set back an hour, then, manually, adjust the time so that is is once again correct.

• CHECKPOINT 2
    Record whether post times are now correct, one hour fast, or one hour slow.

Let me know the observations made at CHECKPOINTS 1 & 2.

no rush. and it's no hardship either. i have good moments like now, when math and logic seems to help me. it feels grounding somehow. so i will be back to follow up with you on this, if you are up for it. i'll try to check the other forum too in case someone comes along with a novel for you.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-29-2013), Dmom3005 (03-29-2013), Mari (03-29-2013)