View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 02:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry that you are having ongoing Sx of weakness as well as other "reminders" of this dopey disease. Sheesh it sure is exhausting at times, isn't it? Glad that the vitamin therapy is helping though .

The surgery went well and I'm back home again; which is a much better place to recover.
Still having problems with heart function and some digestive stuff going on this week as well; so had some more tests done (blood work and ultra-sound). Apparently the stomach isn't emptying properly and still had food in it after 15 hours of fasting .
Thus we're still looking at lesion activity; possibly hypothalamus, pituitary or vagus nerve.

Has anyone heard of or know anything about 'Autonomic neuropathy'? I've been searching the internet and have found some stuff on it, but mostly the on-line info is related to diabetes. This is what the MDs are calling what is likely happening, so now just trying to figure out why (MS, TV myelitis and even the C word was mentioned) .

A bit more than just concerrned at this point, but not much can be done until a cause is figured out. Until then I'm on clear fluids and a diuretic medication (Spiro) to help get rid of acculmulating fluid in the abdomen. They did say to get up and move around to help the back heal, so that medication pretty much ensures I'll be doing that

On a lighter note, the sun is out here and it is the first true spring-ish day of the year. I'll be sitting out in it later once it warms up a bit to soak up a few rays, just enjoying the birds singing about spring in the air.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend .

With love, Erika
Erika is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (04-02-2013), Judy2 (03-30-2013), SallyC (03-29-2013), tkrik (03-29-2013)