Thread: Remission
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 05:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A good place right here.........

I thought this thread would be an appropriate place to stop by and write just a few sentences…..

It was only a month or so since I posted on this site….Yet it feels like an entire year has passed since then

My biggest problem these days is finding enough time - Rather than finding enough energy ..........

This has been a long process…..and this is far from what we/any of us expected.

Although I am confident and secure about my experiences I no longer feel it appropriate to write about them on a regular basis on this forum, especially when they no longer match anyone elseīs.....(although I mirror and can relate to most of the myasthenic experiences that people write about here. The slow progressive remission of my own symptoms, and my own descriptions of them may only serve to give false hope to others especially when my own tests have turned out negative for MG (except to Mestinon which worked on symptoms - but I no longer have a need for)
And anyway, going into a remission (of whichever type) brings a whole new set of questions, unfamiliar issues and dialogue to the family table.

I must be the happiest person alive

Even all my bad posture habits are returning - and I am so grateful I have muscle strength to even resume them all over again without medication or even the vaguest contemplation of exercise! During a 5 year period, fluctuating muscle weakness reached a peak and then confusingly continued to spread to other myasthenic muscle sets but with gradually lessening intensity, frequency and duration of symptoms themselves.

I was very fortunate to pass by this forum on the tail end of a remission that was by no means clear cut and was able to process most of those experiences involving the muscles over many years. I am extremely confident and secure of what I have been through now - yet at the same time I cannot believe that I am the one, for a change, looking around and observing healthy people and those younger than myself - struggling to keep up with a busy schedule while I have stamina enough to keep on going

I also realized this is the first time I do not even need a doctor – Forget a neurologist!

I Very humbly accept and appreciate this unusual position….

Thinking of you all......a lot.....((((((((((()))))))))))

Last edited by Anacrusis; 03-30-2013 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Iīm sure itīs a good one!
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alan53 (03-30-2013), pingpongman (03-29-2013), southblues (03-29-2013), StephC (04-01-2013), Tracy9 (03-30-2013)