View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 07:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was never officially diagnosed, yet I was to doctors for over 25 yrs with symptoms and never an answer, just the one I was beginning to believe, "It's all in your head, you need something to calm you!"

My sister was officially diagnosed 7 yrs ago last March and I followed her in gf in July. Our dad went gf 3 yrs ago this coming Nov--he is 72. Sad that we have to be so sick for so long.

My son Joe has gained 100# in the last 5 months, his thyroid has nearly stopped working, he has fits of anger, heart palpitations, GERD and asked his doctor to test him for celiac and type 2 diabetes. His doctor simply said, "It's not necessary at this time!" His doctor will not like meeting his mom on Friday. I will be in Michigan for a wedding and Joe wants me to see his doctor with him. I am a little unhappy with doc's right now, he may not want to meet me!

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote