View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 10:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default low energy and pain in joints

I have dealt with joint pain in my left arm and both hip joints for many years now. It all started about 25 years ago when I was 40. I was self-employed back then and one day all of a sudden I could not even use a hammer. I tried several times and the pain was so bad I had to just go home for the day. I remember calling a good friend on mine who was a Doctor and he sent me in a script for something he said I would need to take Rolaids with.

I used that drug for many weeks and finally the pain left. It showed its head about five years later and this time worse than before. I would take Advil then and continue my work. I got where I had to use them way to much and then I got an ulcer that showed signs of bleeding. I had the light run down and it was confirmed I had many small lesions. I was told to never take advil again as it could kill me.

Then here comes the good meds about the year 2000 and I was a new man again. I took Celebrex, and then the one that was took off the market (Bextra) I think it worked better than any of the others, it made me fell like I was 20 again. but from what I remember it was banned in 2005.

Now fast forward 13 years and again I can hardly make it through the day as my joints are acting up again and have for about a year.

I got a doctor to let me try some samples of Celebrex last month and I felt great but after about two hours it felt like my stomach was going to burn up. No more of that again. I was warned before but I was also at a point where I did not care. I begin after reading about someone over age 67 taking these type meds and it can cause death.

I am very active but some days I find it hard to get out of bed because of the joint pain. I play golf and tennis and I know it makes the joints flare up but I sure hate to give that up.

Thanks for any tips. Tim

Last edited by threeputt; 03-30-2013 at 06:36 AM.
threeputt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-02-2013)