Thread: Remission
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 09:48 AM
anon6618

anon6618

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
I know I'm probably just silly -- but, if God gave me a list of all of the autoimmunes and said I HAD to pick one. I'd probably choose MG.

No offense meant -- and, hopefully, none taken.
I've never seen this post before, or I would have given a reaction. Hope it's not toooooo late

Wow.
Well, I don't take real offence, but I really think you do not stop and think about the variation in the severity of MG. I just must admit, it does kind of does something to me when people say it's the best out of all auto immune diseases or that you would even "choose" MG.

Of course, some people with MG have good lifes, just take some pills and you're able to do a whole lot of stuff. BUT this is also the case with cancer, MS, rheumatic diseases, and so on. Some people get a mild version, need little treatment and can on with there lifes. Just because you don't see the disabled MG's (it's much rarer than MS-which in most cases doesn't even lead to wheelchair as you see it-) doesn't mean they aren't there.

I have had cancer. I still have rheumatic disease which distroys my bones and even some of my organs. I have MS. I have thyroid disease. I have diabetes.
But MG is my worst one. It disables me the most. If I could choose (?) I would have all my other diseases combined rather then only MG.

I'm sorry for my reaction, but I just don't get how people could say such things...no offence, but it doesn't help to live in a society where most people think my MG is easy peasy to live with. Please remind that even if your MG is mild, it's still yours, not MG in general.
I still get the question: eh, but that's the disease where only your eyes get a bit droopy? Of course.

Anacrusis, such good news! I hope this will just continue, and it's great to read you haven't have enough time!! I hope you're doing great
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alan53 (03-30-2013), Anacrusis (03-31-2013), Quandry (03-31-2013)