View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 03:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

PCS is just something that happens, after a TBI/concussion. A lot of things can impact recovery, including flu viruses and whatnot. It's important to keep a good vitamin regimen. Refer to Mark in Idaho's post about Vitamin Supplements. Also, make sure B-12 levels are adequate as the injured brain seems to use more of these. Rest is key for recovery. Stop cognitive activities such as television, texting and video games, then when there are no symptoms, gradually introduce these activities. The same for exercise, gradually introduce physical activity when no symptoms show. Remember, take it slow and easy. Happy healing!

Symptoms: Occipital Neuralgia.
2 MRI's and CT normal.

Currently going through Paxil withdrawals, and psych has me on L-Theanine, Benadryl for zaps, and Lemon Balm. It has eased it by a bit, so I am continuing the treatment till 1 month from now.

Made a 98% recovery on April 8, 2013 with only symptoms of pinched nerves/Occipital Neuralgia in the head and is being treated with injections and physical therapy.

Was experiencing:
Migraines, Headaches, Nausea and Vomiting, Panic Attacks and Anxiety, Depression, Major Insomnia, Brain Fog, Tinnitus, Lethargy, Loss of appetite, Major Heart Palpitations, Occipital Neuralgia has eased a bit.

Vitamins and Medicines: , L-Theanine, Omega 3 Super DHA 900mg, Stress B-Complex Extra Strength, Potassium Gluconate 1000mg, Magnesium Malate 1250mg, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Methylcobalamin B-12 5000 mcg, Vitamin C 500mg, Lemon Balm.

Things that helped me: My Vitamin Regimen, Medication, Earplugs (Love these!), Nature Sounds, Hydrotherapy, Neck Pillow with Heat, Heating Pads, Resting, Being Outside!
Consider is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote