View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 08:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy pain after extraction over a week later

Hi
I had #19 molar extracted and a bone graft over a week ago, I am still in pain, in the extraction area, my jawbone, my cheek, and when I talk too much it becomes sore or lean over, and have a kinda burning as well. Before the procedure I started a course of Azithromycin. After reporting the pain 5 days after I went to see my DDS he put me on Clindamycin, (I am on day 4 of a 7 day course), and said it looked like it was healing extremely well and didn't see a reason for the pain. He did say the tooth was big with long roots into my small jawbone and it was a difficult extraction. Under my jaw is bruised. And it was probably from that. Since starting the clindamycin the pain has retreated slightly but is still quite significant. I was taking percocet but it didn't do anything but make me drowsy with pain, only when I take Ibuprofen 600 + does the pain subside for a bit but it keeps coming back.
Can this be nerve pain or muscle? Can a bone be bruised so bad that is hurts like this? Could this be from the needle going into a nerve? I had the opposite tooth #30 removed a few years ago by a different DDS and didn't have this kind of recovery.
Thank you
cleverwabbit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote