View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 08:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccglutenfree View Post
Meanwhile, we did find out that my daughter has an underlying B6 deficiency (pyroluria), that I believe was causing her seizures. Just google up B6 GABA seizures. Anyone with celiac disease has the potential for vitamin deficiency, so finding a doctor willing to look and treat nutritional deficiency could be important for you too.

Let us know how the EEG and MRI turn out.

Cara
Yes, speaking of GABA, you can improve your levels by practising meditation or yoga. This has been studied for years and years. Scientists who don't know about other testing seem to think they've 'stumbed upon something' and don't like to say that their findings are conclusive but you can decide for yourself. Do a search at docguide for 'increase gaba'. That should get you plenty of reading material.

It will also back Cara's idea that malabsorption can really mess up brain chemistry.

We also had a brain situation (I don't like to say the 's' word because it was never official - but 'it' cleared up extremely quickly once we removed food offenders) and we happened to be supplementing B6 and zinc also. (Just by chance we were doing the same as Cara as I did not have a computer back when we started and I did not know her yet.)

Five years later and supplementation has been reduced to once or twice a month, rather than every day. Supplementation is another spot where knowing how to 'read your body' comes in very handy.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote