Thread: Foot shuffling
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 09:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
it seems that your dad needs pd meds immediately, you started posting here over 3 years ago so 3 years is a long time for someone in their 70's to go without meds. not sure how you think declining mobility is less worse than levodopa's side affects,especially with the known benefits of exercise. imho, shuffling also greatly increases the risk of falling so this is imho not the time to play doctor with your father'health, especially when medication might greatly improve his quality of life and reduce your stress. now if there is some medical reason he can't take sinemet i apologize.
bubblyshar,

I was LOATHE to take any med - waited 16 years after tremor started. BUT- I was 36 then not 70. The goal for me now is to do what makes me feel BEST even if that includes medication. IF my sx started later in life i wouldn't wait so long! I stay away from any agonists and take very small dose sinemet only with fava juice and magnesium along with massage therapy, great diet, exercise, etc etc. Sinemet has given me back my life - what does your dad want?

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Canna (03-31-2013), MeAndPD (03-31-2013), soccertese (03-31-2013)