Thread: Remission
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 11:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The other day the doctor asked me how I was feeling and I said I'm doing alright. I realize now that I wasn't alright, but I was alright in comparison to how I've been feeling lately. Maybe it was a mistake on my part to say that I was alright because I'm not. If I take it easy and do hardly anything during the day and take my pyridostigmine, I feel better than the days when I exert myself. I imagine the doctor now thinks that I'm in some kind of remission because he seemed pleased that I said I was doing alright.

Yesterday I pushed myself and now I'm paying the price. I haven't been able to push myself for almost a year now without negative results. Previous to this there were breaks where I didn't feel as tired and was able to climb mountains, but now it seems that those days are over. I hope for a remission, but in order to know if a remission is in the cards for myself, do I need to keep pushing to test whether I'm headed towards a remission? I'm not sure if my better days are now my normal. I can say that my better days are not anything like my better days before ten years ago.

My better days are 1. when I can breathe. 2. When I can reach out in front of me without causing a rhomboid strain. 3. When I can swallow without choking. 4. When double vision isn't too bad. When my arms don't feel like lead weights. 5. When I can hold my head up. (These are just a few of my symptoms). I can only do any of this because of Pyridostigmine.

I might appear to be alright, but I'm not alright. I'm glad when those day come but if I do anything like shopping on one of those days, some...if not all of the above, will reverse. However, it does give me hope to read that some of you are in remission.
Quandry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anacrusis (03-31-2013)