View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 08:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherbullet View Post
After 2.5 years of living hell, at 29 years of age .. After maxing out on narcotics and taking as much lyrica as I can function on, all the right supplements ,
Rest, time, tests , Losing relationships, friendships,putting immense strain on my family , being denied disability , and being terribly broke ...
I am out of hope , faith, and a will to carry on
I got the diagnosis of peripheral neuropathy.. But with no known cause.
In the morning, my hands are numb.. All of my muscles hurt and burn when I stretch. Burning from neck to feet .. That is relentless. I have tried all the lotions and potions. I can't just sit at home with ice packs all over me forever.
I'm not even 30.. Single , no profession because I had to drop out of school..
There is no hope. I have up on prayer ages ago.
Nobody wants to be around a whiny , negative person who is never happy and always in 24/7 pain.
I'm done. I'm just done. No desire to torture myself any longer.

Has anyone else ever dealt with crippling depression because of this horrendous disease?
Everyone I see on here is older .. No offence .. But my best years were still to come.

I had to get this out. Thanks for listening.
I feel your pain. Periferrial nerves can regenerate if the nerve has not been totally destroyed. Regeneration takes time and patience. My PN is thought to have come from alcohol. It can come many other things such as chemicals, shingles etc. I was in denial that mine came from alcohol since I ate very good and exercised daily. Since the nerves regenerate slowly,it takes a lot of FAITH and PATIENCE.

They say 3-5 years. If you are using alcohol, drugs etc. get off of them now! Go to a 12 step program, get a sponsor and work the program. Do not quit! If this is not your problem you need to see if there are any contaminants you have been around. Did you work around chemicals or are you still working around them? Hope this helps.
BigR45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-01-2013)