View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 05:58 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Yes, it is alarming to me too, that so many younger people are appearing here.

Pernicious anemia will show up in younger people commonly, and so will CMT. But many coming here don't have either IMO.
PA can be autoimmune with antibodies attacking the parietal cells of the stomach, leading to poor or no absorption of B12 from food. Or it can be inherited, either by itself or the tendency for autoimmune disease to be inherited.

I think it is the push of vaccines, and RX medications doing it.
Add to that pollutants in our environment, and you have a recipe for PN. I just read about a neighborhood in New Jersey sitting on a dump of toxic chromium.... that is being investigated.http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...rld&id=9039277

Soldiers living on military bases, are at risk too. The most contaminated living places are military posts. All sorts of toxins there.

And arsenic in water...people with wells, should be getting their water tested. Arsenic is common in the ground all over the world in fact.

So once PN was an old person's disorder. But not any more unfortunately.

At least we have this venue to try and help. But I agree it is a very depressing situation for mostly everyone who develops PN.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-01-2013), Mads (04-05-2013), Susanne C. (04-01-2013)