View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 08:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default CoQ10

Hi Mark

I read your regimin and am off to get the good multivitamin from GNC today. The CoQ10 I got was about 10 dollars for 30 pills at 100 mg, and I did happen to see it on a flier for Wallgreens too. I just started it.

Here is what happened to me. I was in a car accident Feb. 23rd, (Sat) and got a mild concussion from it. The ridiculous ER doc said I could go back to work Monday and even have wine that night!! My husband makes wine. The day I went back I didn't feel great and I don't recall if sound and light bothered me then, but I saw my regular doc that day because I had a chest pain which turned out to be a pulled muscle. He told me absolutely no work, no screens, no reading, nothing. I was shocked, but took it seriously. Then I had some half days of work. The first was really hard, but it got better and I felt better. My husband got the stomach flu, and I got some version of it, and the concussion symptoms all came back and I have not been working (I am a teacher) since mid to end of March. It is spring break now for school so that is good for me. I have dizziness, sound and light sensitivity, and yesterday I got a headache.

Anyhow, for years I have been taking a lot of vitamins and suppliments. I've been taking a fish oil (omgea 3) twice a day for years, plus extra vitamin c, e, d, calcicum. Just last week I added in the B vitamins -- and like you say Mark, we need far more than is recommended in the US. (At least I believe that)

Just 2 days ago I added in the CoQ10, Phosphatidyl Serine (100 mg) and Tumeric. I am thinking about probiotics, but I do eat that Greek yougert -- so not sure.

At night, for about 2 years, I take Gabba 500 mg, L-Theanine 200 mg, and 5-Htp 200 mg and that has helped me sleep better. But that is a separate issue from the Post Concussion thing and I am so tired at night I sleep from about 9 till 4:30 or 5 AM.

All for now

poetrymom
poetrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote