Thread: Vp shunt= sad
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 02:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

OMG i thought i was going crazy! Im not the only one going through this! My neurosurgeon and doctors dont believe that this pain im feeling could possibly be related to the shunt, even though the pain has only started since. I had a VP shunt fitted on January 15th, then within 2 weeks had 2 more shunt revisions because my neurosurg didnt grt it in the right stop. I went home after days later. Left great for about 2 weeks then i started to get this horrible pain in my abdomen! I just delt with it for a few weeks cause there was so no i was going back in to hospital again!!! After afew more days i caved in, i couldnt even walk from my bed to thw toilet! Something is seriously wrong! I went to my gp who orginised a ultrasound, which you guessed it, came back clear! Then i called my neurosurg to see if he had any answers. He was puzzled he said you dont usually get pain in the abdomen after shunt. He did more scans anyway and they were all clear. He admitted me into hospital because he could see how much pain i was in. He orginised key hole surgery to move the tube to try and stop the pain. It worked for about 48hours, then the pain was back. Ever since ive just been dealing with it. Its been about two weeks. Then this morning i woke up feeling like i was havinh a heart attach, literally so my husband has raced me to the emergency room at the hospital. Ive been here all day doing all sorts of tests. They are positive that there is no relation to the shunt and this pain! We all know this is so incorrect! I just wish i never got the shunt in the first place. Its caused so much more pain than what its fixed! I hope i get some answers soon, or ill be asking my neuro surgeon to remove the shunt.
humphreys270 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote