View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 03:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Effexor working after only 4 pills?!

Today was the fourth day I took my 37.5 mg effexor in the morning. I highly believe that I am already seeing very positive results! I know that they say that it can take 3-4 weeks to see results and I know that I am on a VERY low dose but I'm telling you I have totally noticed a decrease in anxiety, dizziness, overstimulation when out and my brain hasn't shut down or been overwhelmed. I've also been in a much better mood, who wouldn't be with all of the good changes!

I have found some weird side effects going on though. It appears that every morning I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms in the hour or so before I take the pill and then until about an hour after taking it. It is very uncomfortable stomach pains and nausea that starts to turn into shaking. I'm not happy with this and hope it starts to go away.

The other thing I've noticed is when I start to get hungry later in the day the stomach pains come back and I get nauseated again until I eat then I'm ok. The pharmacist says he doesn't believe any of this is caused by the medication but I didn't have any of it until I started taking these so I believe he is wrong.

After 10 days I'm supposed to go up to 75mgs but I have a very low tolerance for medications and judging from the current reactions I may not want to go up or even need to if this dose is working for me. I only take 10 mg of Amitriptyline also and it starts to work on me within days too and is supposed to take weeks. Just hyper sensitive I guess.

Well, I hope these last two days haven't just been a fluke. I've been exposed to all sorts of things that should have caused a brain shutdown and they didn't. Four days ago they did and the only change is this drug. It's amazing the physical symptoms that anxiety causes. I'm not saying I'm magically cured but the difference is amazing.

Has anyone had any experience with the stomach side effects of this drug, or similar drugs, and had it go away with time? I'm kind of worried I'm doing damage to my stomach lining. I make sure I take it with food but the burning is still there.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

CC

Ongoing symptoms include: dizziness, blurred vision, light and noise sensitivities, cognitive problems, uncontrollable emotions/depression/anxiety, headaches (but they're getting better), mental and physical fatigue, difficulty communicating and sleep disturbances.

Currently seeing a fabulous Neuro Psychologist and vestibular physiotherapist and hoping to soon see a neuro ophthalmologist. I am currently doing 20 minute stationary bike rides daily, 20 minutes of meditating, 15 minutes of Lumosity and lots of resting. I have not been able to work or drive since the accident.

The things that have helped me the most since the accident are vestibular therapy, gel eye drops (for blurred vision, sensitivity and dryness), amitriptyline (10mg), and meditating. I am finally starting to see some slight improvements and am hopeful!

My brain WANTS to heal itself... I just have to let it and stop trying to get better!
cyclecrash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mokey (04-01-2013), mouse1 (04-02-2013)