View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 05:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default newbie question on dx

hi--I am curious if some of you could please share your personal experience/opinions on figuring out if one has MG. I have thought about it before but hadn't really looked into it. I have been diagnosed in past with CFS, FM, Sjogrens and some neck problems like stenosis, djd. What made me wonder about myasthenia gravis is I am often helped with my neck issues by putting ice on neck, at any time of year (and i live in area where we get snow). I also have the weak arms above the head, don't tolerate temperatures outside about 68 for long and can get double vision---but I don't get significant ptosis although my eyes always reflect flareups with bads or sags but not to point of serious droop ever.

so my question for you guys is could someone have antibodies for positive dx for MG without the eye droop and also could one still be able to take fairly hearty walks most days w/MG? My limitiation with exercise is I can take walks but only earlier in day or later in day as long as I rest an hour or so before doing it. I havent been able to aerobic exercise for many years as it exacerbates neck pain and other issues.

I am thinking of requesting the antibody tests to rule out...could just try the mestinon but I am chemically sensitive not sure could tolerate it.
brandnu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote