View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 09:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
Hi, i had my first seizure ~1 year ago (i'm 23) and a 2nd seizure just a few weeks ago. I noticed that after my first seizure i've had much more 'muscle twitching' than before the seizure. before my first seizure i never even noticed my muscles twitching but now they do much more often and sometimes for long periods of time. is this common for most people? it is strange.. i know i should just ask a doctor but that's a little difficult (schedule an appt. just to ask this?) so i'm asking here. For 1 year i wasn't on any medication and it was the same (but now i'm taking medication since i'm officially epileptic) Just curious to know if anyone's had the same problem .. thanks!
This seems similar to what happened to me, I am 16 and I had my first seizure in july, then another in august, and a third in december. They were all tonic clonics that occured while i was sleeping - confirmed because one was in a car, plane and on a train. I think i have had others while sleeping at night in my room but cant be 100% sure since I am asleep and in my own room. After my second (confirmed) seizure I started getting these weird twitches in my left index finger - at first i would get one once a week or so, but then i started getting a couple a week until it progressed to a couple a day.

After my third seizure i started taking medication and they went away for a little while but recently they came back. Now i get them in other areas of my body, like my legs, and back. I also notice i have these weird jumps where my leg will randomly kick forward (as if it was hit with a hammer that triggers a reflex) but these happen maybe once every 1-2 weeks. I had an MRI, sleep EEG, and 23hr EEG all of which came back normal, any ideas on what could be wrong with me?
Anything would be appreciated and I really hope that you get better, I wish you the best!
purplepaisley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote