View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi cleverwabbit,

Stop putting the ice on. That is only meant to be used the first 24 hours. After that it is not beneficial and may add insult to injury. Moist heat is best at this stage because it encourages blood flow in that area.

The bone graft material does not migrate away from the hole it was placed in and the hole is not deep underneath the ridge of your jawbone. If that bump has just appeared, you should have it evaluated.

The florastor and probiotics are okay... you can take them 2 hours after the antibiotic. No need to wait 3 hours. The yogurt should be plain sugar free or sugar substitute free and without the fruit already in it. Any form of sugar, whether chemical or raw will destroy the good bacteria in the yogurt. Eat the plain (organic is ideal) and add your own fresh fruit. This gives you the benefit of the good bacteria.

The burning can be nerve pain indicating injury or healing. It can be difficult to determine. If you feel it is not improving then call the surgeon and go in for him to check it. Many people make several trips back to the oral surgeon for various reasons, it is a very common occurrence.

I hope you get relief soon.... if not, see the surgeon.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverwabbit View Post
Hi Bryanna,
I don't have sores the burning is from the inside like under my skin, the pain is steady to moderate, like I want to put ice on it still, it feels better when I do. I also feel a small nodule underneath my jawbone ridge on the inside of my mouth that is sensitive, I don't know it that is a random bone graft piece that moved to that location. I am taking florastor, eating yogurt and probiotics 3 hours hours after the clindamycin.
Thanks again for your help, it is greatly appreciated, I am so nervous about this, I have a sordid dental history and I went to several DDS for consultations for the extraction and implants before I had this done because I have had bad dental work done in the past and didn't want to relive it. I am praying this isn't failing.
Thank you again

[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote