View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Marge,

It is important to be very thorough with your brushing and flossing to limit the accumulation of plaque.

Sometimes ulcers or sores will develop in the mouth near a surgical site. They can resemble gingivitis. They can take up to 21 days to go away completely. Sometimes medication can cause the gums to swell up and if that is the case then you need to stop the meds and use something different.

Anytime you develop an obviously new and abnormal symptom after oral surgery, you should see the surgeon to evaluate it.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge1 View Post
Hi I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed over 2 weeks ago. I was put on antibiotics to prevent infection and everything seemed fine until I stopped taking the antibiotics. A couple days after stopping the antibiotics I developed an infection gums swollen and my left check swollen. I went back to the dental office and confirmed and the infection and was put on another antibiotics which I am still currently taking. The swelling of the cheek went away after 2 days but my gums are red in between a couple of my teeth on the left side. The teeth are not directly beside the wisdom teeth so I am not sure if this is related. To me it looks like gingivitis which is strange since I have been super careful with my oral health and have never had a problem with this before. Or is this a sign that the antibiotics are not fully working on the infection.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote