View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 05:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks catra, I really appreciate the help! Although I've had chronic pain for four years plus now, I am still new to learning about CRPS as I didn't really consider it when I was looking into what my problem might be. On the plus side, the neurosurgeon says my spine is fine (which is what I thought the problem was!).

Thanks for the tips on bathing - I am definitely going to give that a go. I have a small bathroom heater I use when my pain is bad or it's cold. It's high up on one of the bathroom walls, so sometimes when I get out of the bath I stand under it and aim my back at it lol. Sounds nuts I know!

I will ask the GP about the patches AND the cream as I think they both sound useful. I don't know what is available over here in that regard yet. I had some EMLA cream in the fridge for my daughter (she is a fainter and needed blood tests) but it's disappeared, must've been thrown out. I *think* you can buy that over the counter rather than needing a prescription, but I will have to check. I think it's 5% lidocaine and has something else in that I can't remember.

Underwear is a nightmare for me, bras make my hands go numb and pants rub my sore thighs and groin. I'm on the lookout for soft, seamless pants but not doing very well over here. I'm not brave enough to go commando!!

Do you mind me asking if you have mobility problems from your CRPS? I get wobbly legs (I think it's linked to the nerve symptoms in my thighs) and so fall quite often. I was using a normal stick or two elbow crutches until recently, but physiotherapy have just "loaned" me a rollator. I feel about 95 and am mortified using it, but it gets me out.

Many thanks

Kathy
xx
KathyUK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote