View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 10:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thanks for the advice I have been very vigilant with cleaning since removal and have been doing salt water rinses as well. I will be seeing the surgeon on Thursday so we will see what he says. I am thinking that this is a reaction to original antibiotic I was taking since I also developed a rash and that is when I first started seeing this problem but at the time my bigger concern was my swollen check over the gums since it was more visible. It may just be that it has not healed up since it has not been 21 days since I stopped taking the other antibiotic.

I was mostly concerned that this was a sign that the infection was still present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Marge,

It is important to be very thorough with your brushing and flossing to limit the accumulation of plaque.

Sometimes ulcers or sores will develop in the mouth near a surgical site. They can resemble gingivitis. They can take up to 21 days to go away completely. Sometimes medication can cause the gums to swell up and if that is the case then you need to stop the meds and use something different.

Anytime you develop an obviously new and abnormal symptom after oral surgery, you should see the surgeon to evaluate it.

Bryanna
Marge1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote