View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 06:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Need Help - What Kind of Doctor Should I See?

I was in a car accident 2/20, and am still suffering PCS symptoms - mainly dizziness, headaches, trouble concentrating, memory problems, word finding problems.

I am back to work - 6 hours a day - but it is hard. I am exhausted at the end of the day. I am a financial advisor, so work with numbers on a computer all day. On top of that, I am stressed because my boss tells me that I am "a liability" and I had "better not make mistakes".

The neurologist I have is not a help. I ask for guidance as to what activities I can do, how to phase back into things (I am still not comfortable enough to drive again), and all he says is "do what you can - if it's too much, back off".

I want to find a new doc, but don't know what kind of doctor - do I need a neurologist? A neuropsychologist? Someone who does cognitive testing?

I live about an hour north of Boston, MA and there are some concussion/RBI clinics around, but most are for sports injuries. There was a Dr. Cantu recommended in Concord, MA who I called but he only sees sports injury cases.

There is a "concussion clinic" at Beth Israel in Boston, but I hate to have to go to Boston. I was hoping Lahey in Burlington had one, as I heard their neurology dept. is good, but they don't seem to.

Can anyone tell me what type of doctor might be able to help? I am frightened and frsutrated.
macdebbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote