View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 11:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bobbi, AK, and Curious,

Thanks for answering this post....It is the most response I have gotten from anyone on the boards...My pain doc suggested this to me as a pain generator. I asked the surgeon that did my cervical fusion a few weeks ago about it and he would not discuss it with me. He was just furious that I went ahead with the lumbar fusion.

I see the surgeon that did my lumbar fusion tomorrow...I am going to speak to him about this as being a possible pain generator. It makes sense to me since I have been reading about it.

The surgeon that did my cervical fusion has suggested a spinal cord stimulator for the pain, but I have been told since my pain is all over the spine it would not help much. I have cervical pain as well. They could only get rid of the pain in either the back or the legs too not both so I do not know how much good that would do either...It seems as though I would still be on drugs...and then be hooked up to wires...though it is something to think about....

I will talk to my surgeon tomorrow about the SI Joints to see what he determines...He is a smart guy and top doc....He knows more than any of them....

Have any of the treatments helped you Bobbi?

8/17/05 - Cervical Fusion - C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 - Anterior and Posterior Fusion with plate in front and rods and screws in the rear - Corpectomy at C-4 and C-5 and microdisectomy at C6-7.

1/4/05 - Lumbar Laminectomy -L3, L4, L5, S1, S2 Obliteration of Tarlov Cyst at S2. Failed surgery!
GJZH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote