View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 06:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yeah mate its great that its not anything of serious concern. Its just a bugger the pain. Im taking regular laxitives to try and prevent constipation. Im still in hospital. My neuro surgeon believes that this pain cannot be related to thw shunt what so ever. He has to be wrong. Ive been doing some research and there are alot of people in my boat. Only a small amount of doctors agree that abdo/chest pain can be related to the shunt. In the documents, articles, blogs and posts ive read the only solution to the pain seems to be either a VA shunt instead of VP shunt or removal of the shunt completely. I live in Tasmania, so there is one neurosurgical team. Im going to Sydney next week to seek advise and hopefully treatment from a different neurosurgeon. My doctor down here has made it quiet clear that he can no longer offer me assistance. He has told me i need to learn to live with the pain as they can find no cause. So until next week when i head up to sudney, ill be remaining in Burnie hospital to maibtain pain relief.
Its absolutely horrible everything im having to go through, im 19 and my life has been conpletely turned upside down. Its already been difficult enough having my fanily live over 4000km away in WA. Im now out of money and struggling to pay all my bills. Who would have thought something as simple as a shunt could turn everything upside dow. I guess is all i can do is keep fighting! I hope and pray that i will be able to get over these obsticles and come out the other end a stronger woman. I just cannot wait for the day when my life will be normal again and i will be pain free. This whole experience has been a great lesson, ive learnt so much about whats really important in life and what we take for granted. I will keep you updated on what happens next on my road to recovory!!
humphreys270 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote