View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 08:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default one of the first on the planet

Not sure about the seizures, I am a guinea pig. I try to keep my neurologist updated with any changes, so that he may pass it on to his colleagues, I know when there is an issue with the shunt, headaches are so bad it makes a migraine seem like a bump on the head, you may develop vertigo. Generally there are two ways to see if the shunt is operating properly, a spinal tap and/or an opthamologist looking in the back of your eyes to see if 5he ventricles are swollen. I have had five headaches in my life, had to have brain surgery for each one, I have has a shunt since 1970.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa14 View Post
Waylon~ thanks for replying! My husband just had a shuntogram done couple weeks ago, and they keep telling us shunt is ok. do you think it could be draining too much? Nsg thinks symptoms are due to seizures. We see a neurologist on April 9th. EEG was normal. How do you know if shunt is over or under draining?

Jason~I'm glad your not having issues with your shunt like so many others are. Is yours programmable? Does a lot of people develop seizures after shunting? GOD BLESS!
jasontaub23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
foreverhavehope (04-05-2013)